Wednesday, January 23, 2013

the goddess of car parking

 
 
In New York last year, I was surprised and delighted to find to these two signs about car parking. They were great for a giggle and a timely photo shot.
 
While I have never been very convinced about the power of manifesting what I need or want, I have developed the habit of calling on the Goddess of Car-Parking when I need to find a convenient place to park. I can't remember who first suggested this to me but I have been doing it for years.
 
I know it sounds crazy and my passengers always have a giggle when I actually out loud - call on the Goddess. My family think I am just plain mad.
 
However, when she almost always delivers the perfect right-out-the-front parking space, they start to say, there might be something in it..
 
So today, I was thinking about how I am feeling so resistant to several things in my life right now. A big one relates to the menopause hot flushes which  are driving me quietly and not so quietly insane, waking me up at night or setting me on fire even in air conditioning. Even now I am dripping. I have been feeling cranky, angry and frustrated. Yet I know that if I just change some aspects of my diet; reduce coffee, remove alcohol and sugar, there is a chance that I can reduce my overheating..well, there is a chance but I am so resistant. My mind goes into "it's not fair", "why should I" etc etc
 
And then I think, what if I changed my attitude maybe this would help too. But maybe I'll need a backup support goddess to get me through this resistance.
 
What shall I call her, what do I need to manifest to get through this phase. It is all about changing habits, embracing wise choices and loving my body for the changes it is manifesting. I have decided she is the Goddess of Self Love. I am going to call on her every time, I need to manifest wise healthy and body loving choices. Hopefully she will put the focus in my view finder just when and where I need it most!
 
What do you need to manifest right now? What will you call your Goddess?
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Please don't stop writing article i love your blog really informative blog keep the good work like this


    Gatwick Parking

    Gatwick Airport car Parking

    ReplyDelete