Sunday, September 16, 2012

My story

I am a 54 year old woman in transition / on a cusp / emerging anew.

Even though my body is challenging me with hormonal rebalancing and aching and creaking to remind me it is ageing, I am (mostly) healthy and for that I am grateful.

I come from a serious family which values work and productivity above all. Play, creativity and fun don't come easily to me. Here I am at 54, free from work and with sufficient funds to choose to explore this side of myself.

I have had a lucky life and yet I often make choices to live someone else's dreams. By this I am mean I am a pleaser, I am always checking if what I do will make others happy or at least get their approval. 

When I stop now and say I can do anything I want, I am afraid. I don't know what makes my heart sing and ignites my passion.

Here I am in midlife and I want to take the steps to explore possibilities, learn about myself and in so doing find a way to make my own mark on the world.

I am sitting here with a blank canvas. This blog is where I want to share the things that inspire me, excite me and puzzle me.

I want to use this time to step tentatively in new directions, to dive into untested waters and to slosh around in some exciting creativity.

I am a person who always needs a plan so this is going to be a challenge to listen to the universe and be open to new opportunity.

I want to drop pebbles of possibility into the water and watch and experience the ripples of change within me and my world.


"Ripples in Lane Cove National Park" November 2011



 

No comments:

Post a Comment