Monday, September 17, 2012

I am good enough

Last night as I lay in bed trying to relax my body into sleep. My brain was in overdrive. Ideas for stories swirled inside my head.

I want to do everything. This is one of my "failings". I am not passionate about just one thing. I want it all.

I want to write about the people who have inspired me; inspired me to write, to experiment with art and photography, to connect with people, to show me insight where there is darkness, to develop my talents in special ways.

I want to share the books or words that I have read that have led me to transform my body, my emotional self and my thinking about the world.

I want to pay attention to the detail. So often when I walk or move through the world I am living inside my head, preoccupied and I miss the tiny beauty in everything around me.

I want to learn to play and have fun and be creative..

Then the blackness comes out of no-where. The inner critic looms..
"there are so many blogs out there," "you can't do this", "give up now before you find that you just aren't good enough".

So I turned over, saddened, disappointed and convinced this was true and went to sleep .

This morning, I have left my inner critic waiting to the side while I take another step into the blogging foray! This time, I intend to persist for now..

"Protea in afternoon light" September 2012

7 comments:

  1. Jenny - this is absolutetely beautiful! As I read each line, I noticed I was shaking my head in agreement. You have a beautiful way of capturing what swirls around in many of our heads! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad when you woke this morning you decided to take that step! Your picture is amazing! I'm looking forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goog morning Jenny! I'm nodding my head in agreement with Kelly. I have a lot of thought in my head too. You have a beautiful way to display them in your work. I;m looking forward to what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny- I feel like you got inside my head and wrote exactly what I feel. You've captured so much of what I think, feel, do, want. I found myself so overwhelmed and defeated this past week. Paralyzed by all I that I am not. Thank you for your honest post. It really struck a cord with me. And gives me hope that there are others that I can share this experience with and will cheer one another on, through thick and thin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny - What w beautiful honest post and yes, I echo the thoughts above - you have captured the thoughts which swirl around in (most) of our heads! Your blog is lovely, the name so insightful and your photos are stunning! Keep that inner critic on the side or better yet stuff her in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny! I hear all the things you want to do and I"m excited for you. I look forward to hearing how you move forward and explore your life. How exciting. These next 4 weeks will be just a beginning! Baby steps all the way to our dreams, they will get us there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely words.. spurs me on to write more and publish again.

    ReplyDelete