Friday, January 31, 2014

One Little Word 2014

My one little word for 2014 is EMERGE.

I chose this word because I feel as though I am ready to move into a new phase of my life. It is two and a half years since we walked out of the doors of Allen-Fisher Acoustics, the business that my husband and I nurtured and grew for 12 years together and he alone 12 years before.

When we left the business, I said initially that I needed a year to recover, regroup, try on different possibilities until I knew the direction that my new life would take. It's been two.

So this is the year, 2014 when I want to take the first steps towards a new career, work-life or what-ever. I am still no clearer about what to do next. But I am setting the intention to move forward.

The last two years have felt like a cocoon, a place where I have tried creative pursuits and loved them. I have also struggled and in many ways held myself while I waited out this period of change.

What do I hope for in 2014?

That I will EMERGE from
1. my frustrating health issues and return to my former energetic and healthful self
2. the extra kilos I have regained recently and get back to my exercise routine
3. my career hibernation and start / create a new job (don't know what form it will take yet), 
4. some self destructive mindless habits into a more fulfilling and mindful lifestyle.

I have started a board on Pinterest with images for my word.
http://www.pinterest.com/jennyfisher3/one-little-word-2014/

I am imagining tiny green shoots emerging from the soil, a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis, the moon or sun rising out of the ocean, nature's beauty emerging from the mist, a flower pushing out of its bud, the feeling of bursting from the water..

I am going to explore this more as the year goes on and I will share my journey with you here

Here is one of the images, a sculpture entitled Freedom by Zenos Frudakis. You can read about his personal vision for this work here. http://zenosfrudakis.com/sculptures/public/Freedom.html


 sculpture breaks free
http://designyoutrust.com/2011/10/04/sculpture-breaks-free/
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your word, Jenny! Emerge - a word full of excitement, possibility and energy! It will be exciting to see what new path your life takes as you continue to discover what it is you really want to do next. Here's to a journey to joyful living!

    ReplyDelete