Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A weekend in Melbourne

We spent the last weekend in Melbourne, partly because our son Nick was doing a course there and asked if we'd like to come. It was my birthday on Sunday, so we got to spend time with him. The added bonus is my sister lives in Melbourne and I don't get enough time to be with her. We stayed in an apartment in the heart of the city which was a short walk from the sights and fabulous food.

In summary - a great weekend - fabulous food, long walk, time with family
and a lazy afternoon being photo-creative.

Here is my photo story of our weekend.

Sunrise light reflecting on the pool stairs
Fabulous breakfast; fried brioche with berries at Hardware Society, Hardware Lane
In the grounds of the Convent Abbotsford after a long walk and yummy lunch with my sister Kathy, her husband, Pete and my hubby, Bruce.
Building Reflections (sideways!)
 
Gorgeous light caught my eye
Waterlogue app on my iPad rendered the photo into a watercolour
Double exposure and filter created by Diana app for iPhone
Double exposure; my cousin's window in England and a beach view in Australia with Diana app
 

7 comments:

  1. This is a great photo story, Jenny. I particularly like the one from the grounds of the convent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clarice, we almost walked right past this building. Lucky it caught my eye. I love it too.

      Delete
  2. Hi jenny - long time no talk - love your photos - have the Bois and Charbons photo myself and I too love the Diana app - love your photo - just gorgeous - now doing Susannah's Sacred Alone - next time you are in Melbourne we could possibly meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Anne. I don't get to Melbourne often, my sister usually comes to Sydney but it would be lovely to meet you in person. Would love to know how you find the Sacred Alone course.

      Delete
    2. loving the small but beautiful daily meditations - it's a gentle course - day 3 now - but just what I need to be more comfortable with my alone time and the facebook group allows me to see that I really am not alone in any sense of the world - as always the group is an excellent reality check of what is really happening inside others no matter what we see on the outside -

      Delete
  3. Great photos Jenny - especially like the pool one - of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a waterproof camera (for my birthday) and I am having so much fun taking photos in pools. Thanks for the inspiration..

      Delete